Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Announcement for "Legend of the Moon"

I'm presently working on rewriting and editing the story and plan on uploading to Smashwords.com in about a week. This being the case, I will be deleting the story from my blog either tomorrow or Friday. Doing this will leave a great big gap in my blog posts (June to November) but there's nothing I can do about it.

For those of you who have read it, thank you for your patronage and I hope you enjoyed it. If you're still reading at this time, you're going to have to step it up.

I don't think I'll write another long story in my blog ever again. A blog was never meant to become a venue for novel writing. Maybe if you're retired, with loads of time in your hands, and you can think and type at the speed of light, AND you don't intend to sell the story, it might work.

I'm reminded of an article that mentioned Barbara Cartland, a romance novel writer, wrote over 700 novels in her lifetime. In 1983, she wrote 23 novels and that is still the world record for novels written in one year. She's also one of a rare breed of authors who's first novel became a bestseller.

What brought that on? Ha ha! I don't know. But that's one of the things that I used in writing Legend of the Moon. An idea pops out and I put it on the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment